Thrilling photos have emerged of the moment a firefighter caught a child falling from a burning apartment.
Fireplace crews have been called to the blaze on the Avondale forest apartments in Dekalb county in georgia, atlanta on january 3.
Capt. Scott Stroup caught the child after she turned into dropped by using her father as they descended a ladder, CBS reviews.
The family has been escaping from a flame-engulfed balcony on the 1/3 floor of the constructing.
The video, which becomes taken by using any other firefighter’s helmet digital camera, changed into posted to social media on Sunday (nearby time).
Capt. Stroup wasn’t the only baby-catching hero at the condominium blaze – capt. Jackie peckrul caught a baby who changed into thrown by using desperate mother and father from the 0.33 ground of the building.
Watch The Video Here
She wasn’t the only child saved during the Jan. 3 blaze.
“We were catching babies like a football ― literally,” said Capt. Eric Jackson, per CBS News.“There were adults that were on the balcony that were dropping their babies right into our arms. We had a couple firefighters catching babies, so it was just really incredible.”
Capt. Jackie Peckrul caught a baby wrapped in a blanket.
“That was the only thing running through my mind… ‘Lord, let me catch this baby,‘” Peckrul told Fox 5 Atlanta. “My hands came off the ladder and I got ‘em.’”
Twelve people, including 8 children, suffered minor injuries, and 79 were displaced by the blaze, the local NBC station reported. In addition, Stroup suffered a twisted knee, according to Inside Edition.
The cause of the fire has not yet been discovered.
“Great job by all hands operating on this fire as several lifesaving grabs were made that night,” Local 1492, which represents the firefighters, wrote on Facebook.