From the starting of time, Women have suffered badly in this patriarchy. From wages gap to pink tax, workplace harassment, the world have been cruel with women. Now its time to avenge back. A 31-year-old visual artist/photographer from Beirut, Lebanon named Rezkallah studied some vintage ads and came up with new version of it and they are damn sexy. She saw some link between those ads portraying women, and its in the same way some people view women even today. In the new version of vintage ads, Rezkallah reversed the gender roles. She placed women in place of men and vice-versa.
1. Opening ketchup bottleRezkallah wrote on his website about her visit to family in New Jersey where she came across to her uncle who talk about women that they are better at full-filling womanly duties. “Last Thanksgiving, I was visiting my family in New Jersey and I overheard my uncles talk about how women are better off cooking, taking care of the kitchen, and fulfilling ‘their womanly duties’.”
2. Chase and Sanborn’s new version
She also went up on saying: “Although I know that not all men like my uncles think that way I was surprised to learn that some still do, it’s also true that those ads were in the 50s and some people perceive them as vintage it felt at that moment that their essence is still present in the folds of today’s modern social fabric, so I went on to imagine a parallel universe, where roles are inverted and men are given a taste of their own sexist poison.”
3. Handling kitchen 4. Roles are reversed but outfits are basically sameThis one is the most beautiful contrast she gave to vintage ads. The detailing of this ad is done incredibly. You surely can’t scroll down looking at it twice and comparing it with original version of it.
5. Good things SHE kept her headThe artist replaced the woman’s head which was lying at the foot of the man in vintage ad with man’s head. On right there is a new version of it.
6. Van Heusen, The Women World!Branding for woman!
7. Christmas Morning, He’ll be happierOn getting good and positive comments for the new work, Artist was quoted as saying, “I’m extremely happy that the message was very well received online and understood by a vast audience. My close family and friends are proud and supportive as they share the same values as mine and strongly believe in the message behind the campaign,”
8. We are pushing Leotards!On changing minds of stereotype people, Artist said, “I hope that people who are stuck in stereotypical gender roles imposed by patriarchal societies would be able to visually see the cracks in the limitation that those roles carry through this project”
9. Get out of the kitchen sooner! What you have to say about these innovative idea of reversed genders? Which one among these, you like d the most? Do tell us in comment section below. Stay tuned with us for more interesting stories!